Sunday, November 29, 2015

LORD LET US BE A LIGHT IN THIS VERY DARK WORLD!





Lord let our light shine so bright that the whole world has no doubt we love you and we are your child! Let us act and speak in a way that pleases and glorifies you! Those of us that claim to love God and call ourselves "Christians" should know the meaning of the word "Christian"- it means Christ like...We need to take this title seriously, as people are watching us and we are to be example to all. There are people wanting to explore a relationship with God and may look to us desiring what Christ has given us and they may turn away and want nothing to do with him because of what they are seeing. They may think it hasn't changed or helped us at all so why bother. We need to honor Christ with the way we live and many of us "Christians" fail so miserably in this area. (Myself included!) Many people have been hurt by Christians and the church so they refuse to go back to church to learn God's word. This is very sad as church is suppose to be a place where you can feel comfortable, not feel judged by all you have done, fellowship, build relationship and worship the Lord. Some "Christians" are very judgmental and unloving even. If we want to become Christ like we need to pursue Jesus and what he says we are to act, speak and live our lives like. Jesus is our model, if you read the stories about Him his mercy, kindness, grace and forgiveness are very evident. He even shows these attributes to those who betrayed Him, mocked Him, ridiculed Him, beat Him and eventually killed Him.

The word of God says we are to be an example to all believers in what we say, in the way we live, in our love, faith and purity. 1 Timothy 4:5. We are to stay true to what is right for the sake of our salvation and the salvation of those who hear you. 1 Timothy 4:16. It also says to live wisely among who are not believers and make the most of every opportunity,  we are to let our conversations be gracious and attractive so that we will have the right response for everyone. Colossians 4:5-6. The Lord gives us a very clear picture and direction on how we are to live and behave as we are ambassadors for Him.

He says if we claim to accept him as our Lord and Savior our lives should reflect this claim. We should get rid of all anger, rage, malicious behavior, slander, and dirty language Colossians 3:7-8 but instead clothe ourselves with tenderhearted, mercy, kindness, humility, and patience. Making allowances for each others faults and forgiving anyone who offends you. Colossians 3:12-13.

As I write this blog and go through the endless scripture in God's word about how we are to act, live and speak it has become abundantly clear I need to pray about this in my own life. He has opened my eyes to the fact that I'm not living as a light in this very dark world. He tells us that others should know that we are a Christian "Christ like" by our fruits that we will produce in our lives; Joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control and I must say my fruit is rotten much of the time. He also says love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable and keeps no record of being wronged. If we love we never give up, never lose faith are always hopeful and we will endure through every circumstance
1 Corinthians 13:4-7 and to be honest my love does not reflect his idea of love often times. He says to fix our thoughts on what is true and honorable and right and pure and lovely and admirable Ephesians 3:17-18 and instead I am a lot of times filling my mind with distressing and anxious thoughts. If we can start fixing our thoughts on the way Jesus wants us to act, speak and live on a daily basis we can become more like Christ and therefore draw others to him.

Being lovely will produce the mindset and personality which others find pleasing and enjoyable to be around. The mind of a Christian must be set on kindness, sympathy, forbearance and love if we are critical and always finding fault with one another nobody will see our fruit.

The Lord has spoke to me very clearly this morning as I have been struggling to be all that He wants me to be. He has shown me once again through his word how I am to act, think, speak and live and I am seeing clearly that I need to cover this area of my life in prayer and spend more time in his word reading on this topic. My deepest desire in life is to please my Father and to be a light in this dark world, I want others to see Christ through me. If I cannot show his love as he instructed me too how will I ever help lead anyone to him. If I am not showing his love, mercy, and grace to others and showing them how he has changed my life how will they believe that its true. If my life does not reflect Christ like behavior then I am not doing as he has asked!

Lord, forgive me for not being a good example to others all the time. Forgive me for my bitterness, rage, anger and harsh words I have used. Forgive me for not always showing the fruits of your spirit as I want so badly to be your light! Amen

God Bless You All,
Angie Goucher

__________________________________________________________________________________

I know the perfect example of someone who lets her light shine to all those around her I would like to give a HUGE shout out to Lorilee Addy! Love you Lorilee!
Mariah
                                                                   Philippians 2:3-5
  Dont be selfish; don't try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don't look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in other people too. You must have the same attitude that Jesus Christ had. 

God Bless,
Mariah Goucher


                                                        

Start a Fire in me by: "Unspoken"

 

2 comments:

  1. Mariah... You are so generous and kind... beautiful inside and out... I am blessed beyond measure with your words... they bring tears of sweetness and tears that I do not know that I am so deserving of them! I guess that is where God picks us up... me, you, everyone... RIGHT WHERE WE ARE, failures and all, and allows us to go and bless others anyway in our heart only allows Him too! I love you Mariah! You are such an inspiration to me, and I can't thank you enough for your friendship... not often do young people make such deep friendships out of their age group... so you are SUPER SPECIAL!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate all the wonderful things you share with others and I appreciate our friendship too! Love you! Mariah

    ReplyDelete